Adolescent Development Services has offered a programme for children in Year 4 - 6 called Self-E.
Self-E is a 6-week group intervention programme for young people in school years 4-6 who require support with the return to school after lockdown and the challenges that this might present. The programme is designed to be both therapeutic and interactive. The programme details are as follows:
Date: Tuesday 8th June 2021 (for 6 weeks with the last sessions being Tuesday 13th July 2021) Time: 5pm to 6:30pm. Barra Hall Children’s Centre, Hayes Wood End Green Road, Hayes, UB3 2SA
Aims & Objectives
For Participants to:
• Understand that challenges and set-backs are part of life
• Build resilience through identifying challenges that have been overcome
• Enhance positive emotions through using positive strategies
• This is Me
• Healthy and Happy Friendships
• Coping with Change
• Positive Thinking
• Healthy Bodies, Healthy Minds
• My Hopes and Dreams
• Young person needs to be in school year 4-6 at start of project.
• Young person needs to live, go to school or be looked after by the London Borough of Hillingdon.
• Parental/guardian consent is needed for the young people to participate.
• Young person needs to be able to attend all 6 sessions
• Young person needs to be able to participate in group discussion/activities
If you are interested in your child attending, please contact Mrs Hayward our SENCO for a referral.
EPS PARENT/CARER SUPPORT
Hillingdon Educational Psychology Service is providing support for any parent or carer of children, who feels they would benefit from a consultation
with a psychologist to support them with any concerns arising at this time, for them or their families. (ESP Helpline for parents & carers hillingdonleap.gov.uk)
You might want to discuss anxiety, children's emotional needs, bereavement, how to best look after yourself etc.
If you would like to access this service, please email: email@example.com with the following:
● Your name
● The telephone number you would like to be contacted on
● The name of your child’s school
● Times and dates you are not available for a consultation
● A brief description of what you would like to focus on in the consultation.
Home Start – Gives families support
Hillingdon Women’s Centre
Citizens’ Advice Bureau
0344 848 7903
020 8759 0453
Black Women’s Health & Family Support
Muslim Youth Helpline
0808 808 2008
Young Minds Parents Helpline
0808 802 5544